Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall–In Love.

*sigh* Do you smell that?  It is the smell of pumpkin spiced lattes at Starbucks.  I think we all know what that means……fall has finally arrived.  Sure the weather here in the Twin Cities may not be in agreement with this, having been stuck in the mid to high eighties for the past few weeks, but the calendar says September, dang nabbit! 

pumpkinflavor

So, now that it is officially fall (at least in my head), I am so ready to embrace the latest and greatest fall trends, working them into my wardrobe and onto my face.  Of course, I will always remain true to my love of skinny jeans and boots, but here are some of the new things I am dying over.

  • Leather.  Yes, I know I already did a blog post about this, but in a post CAbi party haze, I am still dying for it.  I may have splurged and bought not one, not two, but three leather accented items at the party, having shown restraint and put the fourth (a pair of fingerless leather gloves) back.  In my defense, I needed a new pair of leggings, and these just happen to have a leather trim on them.  So that makes them on trend and needed, right?  Also, I really needed the leather pencil skirt…..and a-line skirt.   Those are basics…. cabi4
  • Booties.  Because what else will I wear with my new leggings and skirts?  There are so many amazing pairs out there, how does a girl choose?  Oh wait.  We go to DSW and pick up several pair.   Now if only I can get hubby onboard with that idea.  dsw1
  • Olive green.  This is the new neutral, treat it as such.  I love this look in denim, jackets, shirts….even nails and eyes.  One of my favorite neutral, everyday shadows right now is Earth Angel by NARs (naturally, picked up at Sephora). earthangel
  • Cat Eyes.  For awhile, I was rocking this look.  Then I got tired of it.  Now it is back with a passion and I am totally feeling it.  I have been spending tons of time on Pinterest and am totally feeling this look.  I personally find it easiest with a great liquid liner like Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Liner or Two Faced 3-Way Lash Lining Tool.  Well, that and practice, practice, practice.  But trust me, it isn’t as hard as it seems.  cateye
  • Matte lips.  Sure I just got a great six pack of glosses from Buxom, but I am still anxious to work the matte lip.  This will be a challenge for me, since I have a love for shiny lips (which, incidentally, are easier to maintain).  Thankfully, I also have a great love for Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar.  My newest love is the Vintage color.  Note to self:  make sure to exfoliate and moisturize the lips like crazy.  vintage

Of course, I am sure there will be more things which will pop up on my love list.  Be sure to stay tuned.  Now that the weather is cooperating, I might just start posting outfits again too!

See you soon, peeps.  Off to grab something pumpkin flavored!

No comments:

Post a Comment