Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Pressure of a Present.

Hubby and I don’t have it easy when it comes to gift giving.  For six months of the year, we have no need to buy each other gifts.  Then December rolls around and we have our birthdays three days apart.  Our birthdays are immediately followed by Christmas, which is followed by Valentine’s Day.  Two months later is our anniversary in April, with Mother’s Day and Father’s Day closely behind.  To be honest, it gets exhausting trying to constantly come up with gift ideas or event plans. 

I will be the first to admit, Hubby can sometimes be a much better gift giver than me.  He has had some huge wins in the past, big surprises or things I didn’t even know I wanted.  For example, one year he got me TiVo.  I had no clue what it was at the time and it took me a few months to get used to it but I ended up loving it.  valentine Or the year he got me a Breville toaster oven.  We use that thing every day.  Yes, it is an appliance but I wanted it!

On the other hand, Hubby has had a few epic fails.  For our fourth anniversary, I bought Hubby the boat he had always dreamed of having.  He bought me nothing, not even a card.  One Mother’s Day, he bought the card with me standing ten feet away, while we were out for breakfast.  Last year, for Valentine’s Day, I got an anniversary card from the gas station.  He crossed out the word anniversary and wrote in V-Day.  Very special.  He has also used the gas station for several cards in the past, it seems to be his go-to when he needs a card, an orange soda and some gas.

So now we have made it past our birthday’s and Christmas (which both went very well).  I have told Hubby not to go crazy for Valentine’s Day, since I have to work later and we could save a little money for other things.  It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.  I just hope for a card bought from a normal store that he signs before he walks in the door…

2 comments:

  1. At least he signed the card and took it out of the bag. One v-day I got a card from my hubby still in the little brown paper bag, with the receipt in the bag. I got the card in the same condition it left the store in.....let's just say that didn't happen again. Major fail. He is much better since then. :)

    ReplyDelete