Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Go Commando.

Get your mind out of the gutter.  I am not taking about going sans-undies.  I am talking about my love of camo, one of the world’s best neutrals.  First of all, I think we all need to show appreciation to camouflage.  It keeps our soldiers safe and makes them look pretty damned hot.  Sorry, but as the daughter of an Air Force major, daughter in law of a career Reservist, and just being a good old fashioned red blooded American woman,  this girl loves men (and women, but in a very different way) who defends his (or her) country.    camo

Ok, getting back on track.  Being the “edgy” girl I am, it should not be any surprise that camo is on my list of loves.  What may surprise you is how darn easy it is to wear!  You know why?  Because camo is a neutral.  Yes, you read that right.  it is a neutral.  Think about it.  The point of camouflage is to blend in.  What do neutrals do?  Go with everything.  It just makes sense.

I have spent countless hours trying to get Biggest to rock her adorable camo shorts, but to no avail.  Cleaerly her mother, who works with style for a living, knows nothing about fashion.  For those of you with more faith in me, here are a few tips on how to rock the camo trend:

  • Treat it as a neutral. I cannot stress this enough. You can pair camo with patterns, like stripes, for example. Add color! Add sparkle! Have fun with your camo.
  • Limit it to one piece at a time. Unless you actually are a soldier (or a hunter like Hubby), you need not wear head to toe camo. Pick one piece and stick with it.
  • Add feminine pieces, like a lacy top or dress to add a girly twist to your camo.

This spring we had a ton of camo jackets and a tank which found their way into the store.  Now we have camo shorts and a skirt from Sanctuary.  *sigh* I am in camo heaven.  Now the fun is showing people how to wear the pieces.  To help out, I enlisted the help of the lovely MC, a partner in style at Hot Mama.  She and I have two very different body types but found fun ways to rock the camo trend.  Since the shorts and skirt were brand new, that is what we picked to rock, showing it two different ways. (Please don’t judge our lack of self tanner.  We know we are fair skinned.)

camo2

Camo Level:  Beginner – Keeping It Neutral.

On MC all via Hot Mama:

Shorts by Sanctuary

T-shirt by Alternative Apparel

Necklace by Zad

Shoes by GC (in stores only)

Bracelets by (I don't know.  I didn’t get a good picture but they were all via Hot Mama)

 

camo1

Camo Level:  Advanced – Adding Color and Pattern

On me via Hot Mama:

Skirt by Sanctuary

Tank by Red Haute

Shirt by James Perse (in stores only)

Necklace by Zad

Shoes by Dolce Vita (in stores only)

 

I must admit, I couldn’t wait to own this skirt.  Hubby didn’t even say a word when I brought it home, although I thought I saw tears of joy in his eyes.  Maybe it was the shorter length.  Maybe it was the fact that my tushie looked hot in it.  I think it was most likely the idea that his wife finally had something to wear should she ever decide to go hunting with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment