Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bring It to Me.

I love to be lazy.  But who doesn’t?  I also love to shop.  But sometimes, if it requires me to shop at a store other than Hot Mama, it can feel like work.  Truthfully, it is super easy to shop at work and I love the clothes.  It is a win-win for me.  HOWEVER, if someone wants to bring the clothes right to me….and provide wine….and snacks….well, that is shopping I can get on board with!  CABI2

So last Monday night, my fashionista sis had a CAbi party.  According to the CAbi website, “CAbi brings high-quality clothing and the ultimate personal shopping experience directly to you!”  A CAbi consultant brings in the entire collection (fall/winter or spring/summer) to your house and shows it to you and your guests, one piece at a time.  The event makes you feel like a clothing buyer at market.  After the pieces are shown, you are given the opportunity to try them on in the privacy of the home of the party hostess.    And there is wine.  Did I mention that? 

So you may be asking yourself, what the heck is CAbi?  CAbi stands for Carol Anderson by Invitation.  Carol used to design for Nordstrom's (love) and after being inspired by her friend’s business selling items out of her home, she partnered with a friend to start selling her designs directly to the consumer.  So, in 2001, CAbi was born!  CABI3

Here are some things I like about CAbi.  First, shopping comes to you.  What is better than having all your girlfriends shopping together at someone’s house?  No bad fluorescent lighting.  No pushy sales person.  No digging through the racks for the diamond in the rough.  Just clothes brought to you with a personal stylist who can make recommendations and understands how each piece fits. 

Second, all body types can wear CAbi clothing; they even give you examples in their look book!   I know three different CAbi reps (shout out to Crissy, Sonja, and Amy) who are all different shapes and sizes but all still rock the clothing.  Since CAbi consultants will have a variety of sizes, you can get an idea of how things will fit.  Plus, a good CAbi rep can and will help you understand fit and find the right pieces for you.

Third, Returns and exchanges are easy.  I bought a pair of jeans from CAbi last spring.  They were not the right size for me (I got to size down, can I get a hallelujah?!).  So I contacted my CAbi rep, Crissy, and she gave me some options for fixing it.  Shortly after, I had the right size in my hot, little hand.  Easy peasy, just the way I like!CABI1

Fourth, CAbi clothing uses the the same or coordinating colors season after season.  So items bought in seasons past, will still match this season’s items.  Cool, huh?  I actually have some CAbi items that I have worn for a few years and still love.  Guess what?  You guessed it, they still coordinate with my new(er) items.  YAY for me.

Lastly, there is wine.  I mentioned that, right?

If you are given the opportunity to attend a CAbi party, go for it!  They bring the style to you. PLUS,usually wine and other munchies. And your besties!  What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment