Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fashion Week

Some people look forward to Fashion Week in Paris or New York.  However, I think the St. Croix Valley gives both of those towns for a run for their money.  First, I got a weekend chock full of Sundar Imports in Hudson, Wisconsin.  Next, I got to attend a  CAbi party in Woodbury, Minnesota.  Then I got to attend The Fever 8 Fashion Show at Dibbo’s, back in Hudson again.  What a fun way to wrap up my St. Croix Valley Fashion Week!

F8FS2

Sure, I don’t think you would see the Olson Twins or Anna Wintour gracing Dibbo’s with their presence, but maybe they should for the next show!  The pieces used at Fever 8 were from so many different places, like La Rue Marche, Stella & Dot, and even some thrift store finds.  The shown outfits had a fun vintage flair.  While many might not be worn straight off the runway, many of the elements used could be.  I was loving the over the top hair and jewelry shown as well.  Plus, the music was the perfect finishing touch.

F8FS1

F8FS3

Outside the amazing style on the runway, I was loving the style off of it as well.  The ladies attending the show really stepped up their game.  I am glad I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was going to wear, finding something a little more on trend and edgy.  I saw amazing dresses, killer jewelry, colored denim, and rustic glam all represented in the attendees.  How fun to have an event like this giving us local gals the opportunity to kick it up a notch?  Even better, how fun to be around a group of women who seized the opportunity?

Of course, the night was not just about fashion.  The show was supporting an organization called Peace Begins with Me.  The organization describes themselves like this:  “Peace begins with me (a small BIG peace project) is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to inner peace – actually, education, inspiration, and collaboration in the area of inner peace – knowing that because we are all connected, inner peace is what can lead to global peace.”  The organization makes me think of the quote “One whisper added to a thousand others becomes into a roar of discontent.”  The idea that you can make an impact, even if it seems small on its own, but becomes great when added to others, is pretty cool.

I am definitely looking forward to the next event this crew puts on. Hopefully, it will be part of another St. Croix Valley Fashion Week for us all!

***Special thanks to fashion show models Julianne Druzbacky and Amber Johnson for providing some photos!***

No comments:

Post a Comment