Saturday, December 29, 2012

How I Survived the Holidays.

As any parent knows, the holidays are not just about love, tradition, and warm fuzzies.  The holidays are mostly about survival.  Surviving the family, surviving the parties, surviving the food, surviving your kids being out of school.  There are a few things which got me (and those around me) through the holidays in one piece, so I have decided to share them with you, in hopes they may aid you in the future as well.
    hopeisnotenough
  1. Wine.  The Trader Joe’s wine shop has received several visits from me over the holiday season.  And we only hosted one party.  You do the math.
  2. Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough (Omega 3-6-9 Replenishing Oil). You know when you have too much wine? Or too much cold air? Or whatever causes too much dry skin? God bless this little blue bottle of goodness. Thank you to my cousin at Sephora for hooking me up with it.
  3. Water. Another cure for when I have had too much wine. It is a must to stay hydrated to avoid feeling like crap after too much wine. Plus, it is good for you, hydrates from the inside out.
  4. Work.  Many people enjoy the break from work.  For me, work occasionally provides a break from home.  Especially when Biggest and Littlest are trying to kill each other because they have not had enough sleep or had too much stimulation.  Sorry Hubby, gotta go to work.  But have fun with that!  blissfulbath
  5. Blissful Bath Bubble Bars and Bath Bombs.  As a long time lover of all things bath related, I was in heaven when I discovered this local gem.  Blissful Bath is a bath and body company who has an amazing line of items they call “gourmet bath treats,” ranging from bubble bars to lotions to soaps.  I have become an addict to their Romance, Relax, and I Dream of Sleeping Bubble Bars paired with coordinating Bath Bombs or Tub Truffles.  Add a glass (or bottle) of wine and a good book, and I am in heaven. 
  6. Amazon.com.  Where do you think I get the books for my Kindle Fire to read in the bathtub?  Personally, I love historical romance novels by Julie Garwood or young adult sci-fi/supernatural/dystopian novels. bite primer I think Hubby cringes at the amount recently spent on Amazon.  Probably why Santa gave me a gift card…
  7. Bite Beauty Line & Define Lip Primer. I had grand plans to rock a shiny red lip on Christmas Eve, but kept looking like a 90 year old lady due to my lipstick feathering! Thanks to my knowledgeable cousin, Christine, and pal, Teneille, over at Sephora, I was hooked up with this wonder product. FINALLY, my lipstick is staying in place. Plus Line & Define Lip Primer plumps my lips up a little bit too. I might become an addict.
  8. Hubby.  Bless his heart during the holiday season.  He put up with the Kidlets during their terrorizing, cleaned the house for parties, and did what he could to keep my stress levels down.  What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.  I hope he doesn’t read this or it will go to his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment