Sunday, August 11, 2013

SJ&YP Weekly Highlights August 5-11!


What a huge week for SJ&YP!  So much went down this week, so here I am to share the good, the bad, and the stinky.  I am glad to say there was more good and less bad and stinky.

The Good!

SJ&YP turned one year old on August 6th!  Who would have thought I could keep going for so long?  Especially after the big episode of writer’s block that plagued me for awhile.  I promise that there are still many more blog posts on all the random things in my head – mom and style related.

oneyear

SJ&YP hit 500 likes on Facebook!  Pretty sure most people follow me via Facebook, so this was a big deal.  I felt like crying out like Sally Field during her Oscar acceptance speech, “You like me, you really like me!”  Of course, not sure how many people on Facebook actually know I write blog posts and probably think I just post funny ecards and the occasional status update.  You know what?  I am not greedy.  I will take it either way!

500 likes

Today I got to spend the day with the kidlets, giving Hubby a break to enjoy some alone time.  What a massively fun day!  First, we went to the zoo and then out to lunch.  Biggest and Littlest were so fabulous at the restaurant, Mommy scored a free glass of wine from the wait staff.  Then we visited Cuz at her new Sephora location.  Of course, no trip out is complete without a stop a mom’s work.  When we got home, Hubby even surprised me with a break from the kidlets and I snuck in an hour long nap.  Husband of the year?  Possibly.  He could clinch that title if he would just LET ME SHOP MORE!!!!!   (Just sayin’ Hubs)

zoo

 

The Bad:

Littlest got shots.  Sure, the upside of that was we went out for ice cream and pizza afterwards, but it was louder than hell.  Not 100 percent sure, but I think we may have traumatized the nurse practitioner administering the shots.  She definitely took it harder than me or Littlest.  Thankfully, Biggest was smart and kept quiet the whole time.  She even tried to distract Littlest during the shots and again afterward.  I would like to think it was because she was being a great big sister but she might really have been motivated by pizza and ice cream…

The Stinky:

When I say stinky, I actually mean stinky-smelly.  Thursday night I noticed something hanging from Ruby’s lip.  I grabbed a rag and pulled it off.  That was when I noticed the smell (and almost gagged).  Darn dog had a hole in her lip.  Turns out she and our springer spaniel (little grumpus that he is) got into a fight two days prior.  A trip to the vet the next morning confirmed what I suspected, she had dead tissue in her lip which was causing the smell (which was also what I pulled off her lip the night before).  So.  Damn.  Gross.  So now the poor baby is on antibiotics and if the hole doesn’t heal up in the next two weeks, we will need to stitch it shut.  Super.  Thankfully, after a few days of antibiotics, the smell has gone!

ruby

 

So there you have it, my week in a nutshell.  Look for more posts coming soon. Seriously.  I am already working on them! 

 

 

 

(Seriously.)

No comments:

Post a Comment