Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rawr!

It is time I admitted one of my sad addictions.  I luv me some animal print.  I can't stop myself from drooling over every piece of animal print that we get in the store, be it reptile or leopard.  The girls I work with may think it is an obsession but I like to think I am getting back to my primal instincts. To be perfectly honest, I envision myself as a 80 year old lady, wearing a leopard print velour jumpsuit and way too much eye makeup; playing random poker games for quarters (and most likely cheating like my grandma did <3).  Even my daughters (ages 3 and 5) are currently begging for more animal print in their fall closets.  What can I say? Like mother, like daughters!

So how does a mom wear it everyday?  Well, that is an easy question to answer.  Treat it as the neutral  it actually is.  You can add little pieces with a shoe, belt, purse, or a scarf to add a little extra something to your ensemble.


Mom's shoe:  Me Too
Kids' shoe:  Gap Kids



Or you can go bolder by choosing bigger pieces like a shirt or jacket.  I have this leopard print dolmen sleeve top by Jolie, which is super soft and comfortable.  It looks great with a pair of jeans for schlepping around with my kids, yet was cute enough to grab a drink with my friend Marta after work!


Shirt:  Jolie
(via Hot Mama)

For the more adventurous ladies out there, go for animal print denim, which is VERY hot this fall.  Personally, I am holding out for a pair of reptile print skinny jeans from Sanctuary.  They WILL be mine.  Oh yes, they will be mine.  I have big plans for them, having created several outfits in my head while at work, often testing them out on my unsuspecting customers and myself.



Shirt : Michael Stars
Jeans:  Sanctuary
(both via Hot Mama)

So figure out what your inner animal style is and let it show.  Grab that animal print you have secretly been ogling and run with it.  Let yourself be bold, be adventurous, be RAWR!

No comments:

Post a Comment